A Gift for Today & Tomorrow… Ever wonder how you can leave the world a better place?
A planned or legacy gift to Between Friends can take many forms in realizing our common vision of an inclusive community, and ensuring that future generations have access to quality social and recreational opportunities. It also helps you address a variety of personal fi nancial goals. Whether you want to make a signifi can’t gift during your lifetime, or as part of your estate, we can work with you and your advisors to create a mutually beneficial gift plan.
Would you like to Leave a Legacy for Future Generations?
There are many ways for you to create a legacy or planned gift for Between Friends that aligns with your values and hopes for the future. The following are a few of the options available:
• A Bequest in Your Will
You may choose to bequest a portion of your estate to Between Friends, or a specific Between Friends program. Bequests allow you to maintain control over your estate throughout your lifetime and beyond.
• Gifts of RRSPs
Between Friends can be designated the beneficiary of RRSPs or RIFs outside of your will. Donors can leave lesser taxed assets to heirs.
• Gifts of Securities
Gifts of publicly traded securities can be given as a current gift or a future gift in your will.
• Gifts of Life Insurance
You can make a very significant gift to Between Friends without great expense by donating a new insurance policy or an existing policy that you no longer need. Premiums may be eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
• Gifts of Property
Gifts of real estate, works of art and other tangible assets may be made as a current donation or through your will. You may also decide that you or your beneficiaries retain use of that particular asset for your or their lifetimes.
To Endow or Not to Endow?
• You can set up an endowment fund in your family’s name, or in special memory of a loved one as a way to remember them forever. The interest from this endowment fund is distributed every year in support of a program you are passionate about; or you can allocate your giving to ensure the successful operation of the organization
• You can also contribute to the Calgary Between Friends Club Fund managed by the Calgary Foundation
Benefits of Giving
• Leave a Legacy for the future that keeps Between Friends vibrant and growing!
• Maximize your estate planning and reduce your taxes
• Make a difference in the future of a person with a disability to connect, grow and belong!
• You can be recognized now for your future gift
The official name for bequests and other important documents is: